Lupii Community Cafe
Dear all Lupii people
As the weather turns nippy and people are saving for Christmas, we’re seeing fewer and fewer faces at the Cafe. So this seems like a great time, after a really exhausting last few months, to again rejig our winter offerings.
From 1 December, Lupii will be doing:
– Free community dinners on the Fridays in December before Christmas. Please watch our events pages to book your spaces at the dinners. We’ll advertise our New Year community dinner dates in January
– Free produce on Saturdays (11am-10pm)
– Educational visits and programs (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a visit)
– Event catering (for events in and outside the cafe please email us at email@example.com)
– Lupiiboxes (http://lupiicafe.com/lupiibox)
In the New Year, Lupii will also be running regular support groups. Please stay tuned to Facebook for more information.
Have a great festive season!
From all of us at Lupii Cafe
lupii cafe is a community focused, zero-waste space, dedicated to environmental and social sustainability. Our strategy extends throughout the company, from our food to our furniture to our catering and produce recovery programs. At lupii cafe you won’t find anything disposable – we only have reusable containers , crockery and cutlery and resuable upcycled cloth napkins – you won’t be throwing anything away. In addition, our store has been built from the ground up with reused materials. All our furniture (tables, countertops, display boards, you name it!) has been made from upcycled materials (our custom designed counters and tables are a work of art – made from a school gymnasium floor!). Finally, lupii cafe’s zero-waste strategy extends to the problem of food waste. Every day, Canadians waste over 40% of all food. lupii cafe prioritizes sourcing local produce that is perfectly healthy and delicious but may end up in the landfill due to industry requirements regarding size/shape or arbitrary sell-by dates.
In addition to our zero-waste mandate, lupii cafe is also devoted to cultivating and promoting a sense of community. We do this by hosting community events, supporting local businesses, fundraising for charitable causes and encouraging interaction and communication in the surrounding area.